Saturday, June 19, 2010

ROME Day One!

06/18/2010
Wow so it has been a long day and I finally got a little sleep last night. The time difference is 8 hours so there is only a little window for communicating with you guys back home. The journey was long, but I am here and moved in to my temporary apartment that we will all be living in until the program starts on Monday. Both the school and the apartments overlook the Campo De Fiori which is a bustling hub of activity. It is a Market/ street fair lined with Restaurants and stores by day and Bars and live music by night. My Friend Will and I went out on the town as soon as he showed up and we went directly to the Pantheon which is a 3 minute walk from our Flat. It was an amazing and unexplainable experience. I have never laid eyes on a more beautiful and balanced piece of architecture. I got goosebumps as I walked in and I got a little emotional too. Rome is a lot to take in. It is the very history of architecture all wrapped up into one city. Its almost overwhelming at times. The people the food the architecture its all here and its all amazing. I think I am going to like it here.
Cheers!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Hello!! Waiting for your Pictures!! XOXO

Katie Felix said...

I'm so excited for you! What an amazing experience, can't wait to see pics!!

Candice said...

Fun fun fun, can't wait to hear more and see the pics!!!